|Latin I, Lesson 20
50 pts. Homework Category
|Roman Life II: Dress
Information for the answers can be found on p. 17 of the textbook
- Over her "tunica" (a tunic with sleeves), Aurelia wore a ______________. Describe this
- For outdoor wear, over all she would put on a _______________. Describe this outdoor
- Gaius wore a _____________________ tunic. What part of the tunic indicated that he was
a senator? _________________________________________________________________
- When did a Roman wear his toga over his tunic? ___________________________
- A man's plain white toga was called in Latin either __________________________
The Latin term for Gaius Cornelius' toga was _____________________________.
A man's toga praetexta was an indication that he was
- Gaius' son Marcus also wore a _____________, with ________________ purple stripes,
and a _____________________________. Aurelia's daughter Cornelia wore a
_____________ like her brother Marcus but without __________________________.
- What did the son of a Roman wear around his neck? _________________________
When was this given to him? _____________________________________________
He wore this until he _________________________________________________.
- To whom did boys dedicate their bulla? ______________________________________
When boys came of age (16 years old), what type of toga did they wear?
- In villâ rusticâ et in agrîs, children would not wear _______________________.
- Simple sandals were called ___________________________.